Deaf Center, Catholic
The Catholic Deaf Community serves the unique needs of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Catholics and their families. Our ministry provides a Sacramental Preparation Program as well as a Religious Education Program, which is instructed in American Sign Language for children and adults. Our Sunday liturgies, led by the Deaf lectors, extraordinary ministers, and altar servers, are held at St. Mary Catholic Church in Fullerton. Please see our website for the latest mass times. The Deaf Community also provides many opportunities for leadership, adult faith formation, and spiritual growth.
- Sacramental Preparation/Religious Education for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing
- Assistance with Transliterating Documents
- Counseling for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing
- ASL Interpreters
- Resources of the Deaf & Hard of Hearing
- Community Workshops
- Family/Community Retreats
- Home & Institutional Visitations
- Health Education Classes
- Citizenship Classes for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing
- Assistance with Immigration Cases in Cooperation with Catholic Charities
Fr. Scott Allen
If you are hearing and would like to call a deaf person, call the California Relay Service (CRS) at: 800-735-2922
Give the operator the name and phone number of the person to whom you would like to speak; the operator will translate your confidential call.
To learn more about the Catholic Deaf Community, please visit our website.
DEAF COMMUNITY MASS
Please check our website for Mass Times and Locations.
Support Services for Deaf and hard-of- hearing persons and their families, including resource referral, education, home and institutional visitation, individual and family support.
Religious Education Program for the Deaf
St. Mary’s Catholic Church 400 W. Commonwealth Ave Fullerton CA 92832
- Pre-school through high school
- Deaf adults
- Parent classes
For more details please click here