Revised: 1 September 2013
- Information We CollectPersonal InformationWe collect information that personally identifies you, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail, and other personally identifiable information that you choose to provide us with or that you chose to include in any account or profile you may create (“Personal Information“). You may be asked to provide us with Personal Information when you register or subscribe to our newsletter on the Site, contact us, use any of our Services, and at other times. The decision to provide this information is optional, however, if you choose not to provide the requested information, you may not be able to use some or all of the features of the Site or Services.
Usage Data and Site Activity
We automatically collect information regarding the actions you take on the Site (“Usage Data“). For example, each time you use the Site we automatically collect the type of Web browser you use, your operating system, your Internet Service Provider, your IP address, the pages you view, and the time and duration of your visits to the Site. This anonymous usage information may be associated with any profile information or other identifying information, but we do not disclose the associated information to third parties. We use this information to help us understand how people use the Site and Services, and to enhance the services we offer.
Cookies and Web Beacons
- Service ProvidersFrom time to time, we may establish a relationship with other organizations, ministries and businesses that we believe to be trustworthy and who have confirmed that their privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Service Providers“). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as specified by the Diocese.
- Compliance with Laws and Law EnforcementThe RCBO and the Diocese cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property or rights of the RCBO and/or the Diocese or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
- Be Careful When You Share Information with OthersPlease be aware that whenever you share information on any public area on the Site, that information may be accessed by others. In addition, please remember that when you share information in any other communications with third parties, that information may be passed along or made public by others. This means that anyone with access to such information can potentially use it for any purpose, including sending unsolicited communications.
- SecurityWe maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site or Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site or Services, and you do so at your own risk.
- Children’s PrivacyThe Site and Services are intended for users who are 18 years old or older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
- Processing in the United StatesPlease be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store all information in the United States. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using our Site or Services, you agree that the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.