The Catholic Deaf Community serves the unique needs of Deaf and hard of hearing Catholics and their families in our community. We are available to parishes, their ministers, catechists, educators and parishioners working with Deaf and hard of hearing members. Besides our numerous ministry services we offer assistance, resources and training for parish personnel working with Deaf and hard of hearing members. Our office staff is fluent in American Sign Language and Spanish.
WHO WE SERVE
- Deaf and hard of hearing children and adults in our Diocese
- The families of these individuals
- Parishes and church leadership
- Counseling and therapy services for children, adults and families
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Sacramental Preparation and Religious Education conducted in American Sign Language
- Sunday Liturgies conducted in American Sign Language
- Community workshops
The Catholic Deaf Community is currently not offering parish outreach to the parishes in the Diocese of Orange, nor interpreting services.
Pastoral Center 13280 Chapman Ave.
Garden Grove 92840
Rev. Steven Correz
- Phone: 714-282-3000