Meditation Stations and Mysteries of the Rosary at the House of Prayer for Priests in the Diocese of Orange will benefit the priests who visit us from the Diocese of Orange and many other Dioceses across the nation.
Each Meditation Station (numbers 1-5), and each Mystery of the Rosary (letters a-e) have a piece of art that invites the pilgrim to reflect upon some biblical quotes, helped by some pertinent songs. In so doing, a journey to the heart will begin and a deep encounter with God could happen in the soul of the visiting priest.
A half a mile trail connects all these spaces of prayer and meditation.
Mysteries of the Rosary
We have chosen the Glorious Mysteries because they offer the meditation of the final days of Jesus and Mary.
- The Resurrection of the Lord.The Gospels firmly affirm that on the third day, as Jesus had promised, He raised from the death as the first one to be back to life. Our faith firmly believes that our Savior, Lord and Priest lives forever. After Him, and with Him, we, His priests, believe that we will also rise to a new life at the end of our earthly journey.
- The Ascension of the Lord.One day, Jesus disciples summoned near Bethany and, after blessing them, He promised that He would be with them until the end of times. Then, He was taken up to heaven.
The eyes and hearts of every priests, in good and difficult times, can always look up to heaven where our Lord and Brother is there to support, console and strengthen us in every moment.
- PentecostBefore His passion, Jesus told His disciples that they would be baptized with the Holy Spirit. The Consoler will teach them everything needed, He will remind them of every work spoken by Jesus and He will guide their endeavors until the end of times.
Every Priest needs to remember that he is not alone; the Spirit of Jesus is with him always, until the end of times.
- The Assumption of Mary.The tradition of the Church teaches us that Mary, like her son Jesus, was also taken up to heaven at the end of her life. She is there for us as she was with Jesus and the first women and men disciples at the beginning of the church.
Every priest can count on the love of such loving a Mother, and entrust to her his whole life and ministry!
- Mary crowned as Mother and Queen.Mary received the crown of victory in heaven, and we venerate her as our mother and queen. A powerful queen by love, a tender presence as mother of us all!
Every priests, in good and difficult times, can call on this great a mother and queen asking her to intercede for the graces he needs to be a blessing to the rest of Mary’s children on earth!
- At the end of the fifth Glorious Mystery, there is a statue of Our Lady of Guadalupe, our mother and mother of the Church. She welcomes each pilgrim and, from her pinnacle, she oversees the city and the world. To remember that a priest is never alone because Jesus and Mary are always at his side is a source of love and consolation.