HOPE & HEALING AFTER ABORTION (A.K.A. PROJECT RACHEL)
Our ministry can provide you with a person who has been specifically trained in this very sensitive area of ministry and can help you with the sacramental support you may be seeking. All calls are strictly confidential.
Please don’t feel you need to make this journey alone. We are here for you! If you, or someone you know, needs help because of the act of abortion and would like to talk about the experience with someone who may be able to help in your healing and recovery from this event, please call 800-722-4356 or visit www.hopeafterabortion.com
Contact your local parish or visit the www. rcbo.org website under Pastoral Care (of Families in All Stages).
Courage is an apostolate of the Roman Catholic Church to assist those with same-sex attractions. Endorsed by the Pontifical Council for the Family, Courage seeks to help persons with same-sex attractions develop an interior life of chastity and move beyond the confines of the homosexual identity to a more complete identity in Christ. Weekly Courage meetings provide members a place to share their concerns and struggles, to support one another and find support for themselves. Strict confidentiality is maintained.
Five Goals for Courage: Members strive to live according to the Five Goals of Courage, which are read at the start of each meeting:
1. Live chaste lives in accordance with the Roman Catholic Church’s teaching on homosexuality. (Chastity)
2. Dedicate one’s life to Christ through service to others, spiritual reading, prayer, meditation, individual spiritual direction, frequent attendance at Mass, and the frequent reception of the sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Eucharist. (Prayer and Dedication)
3. Foster a spirit of fellowship in which all may share thoughts and experiences, and so ensure that no one will have to face the problems of homosexuality alone. (Fellowship)
4. Be mindful of the truth that chaste friendships are not only possible but necessary in a chaste Christian life and in doing so provide encouragement to one another in forming and sustaining them. (Support)
5. Live lives that may serve as good examples to others. (Good Example)
Fr. Enrique J. Sera, Spiritual Director
NATURAL FAMILY PLANNING (NFP)
Natural Family Planning (NFP) is the general title for the scientific, natural and moral methods of family planning that can help married couples either achieve or postpone pregnancy. It is not contraception. NFP methods are based on the observation of the naturally occurring signs and symptoms of the fertile and infertile phases of a woman’s menstrual cycle. No drugs, devices, or surgical procedures are used to avoid pregnancy.
Since the methods of NFP respect the love-giving (unitive) and life-giving (procreative) nature of the conjugal act, they support God’s design for married love!
In NFP both husband and wife are taught to understand and live God’s design for married love – this will give them countless blessings! NFP methods promote a holistic approach to family planning which both respects procreation and has the potential to deepen the intimacy of husband and wife.
NFP methods support reproductive health. They are good for the body. For the woman, NFP charting can even assist in the diagnosis of underlying medical problems. And, if a couple find they are having trouble conceiving, NFP information can help them pinpoint the most fertile time of the wife’s cycle. The natural methods have none of the harmful side effects caused by contraception, especially chemical contraceptives (e.g. pill, injection, etc.). NFP methods can be marriage-strengthening because they rely on couple communication and behavioral change. When living the NFP lifestyle, husband and wife learn that they have a shared responsibility for safeguarding God’s gift of human sexuality, marriage and family. They also grow in their understanding of God’s will for their family size. NFP has the potential to make a good marriage great!
Visit our website for class schedule, contact information and more detailed information at www.rcbo.org/pastoralcare on the following methods:
• Billings Method of Natural Family Planning
• Learn Natural Family Planning Online – Offered Through the Archdiocese of Chicago
• Couple to Couple League
• Creighton Model Feriltycare System
• Symptopro Fertility Education.