Take a look at our FAQ's below to understand the process of spiritual
discernment to priesthood as well as the details on what the requirements,
application, and process entails.
- Be 18-40 Years of Age.
- Be a Practicing Catholic.
- Desire to Serve God and His Church.
- Prayerful and Open Disposition to the Lord's Calling.
- Residence in the Diocese for at least 2 years.
- High school diploma/GED by time of entrance into Seminary.
- suffers from amentia or other psychic illness
- committed apostasy, heresy, or schism
- has an existing bond of marriage
- committed voluntary homicide or procured an abortion
- mutilated others or himself; who has attempted suicide
- impersonated a member in the clerical state
- Connect with your parish priest. Prayerfully choose a Spiritual Director.
- Pray and attend Mass and Adoration often.
- Attend Diocesan Discernment Meetings
- Reach out to Vocations Director for an initial interview
Beginning with an Initial interview, one first must get approval from the Vocations Director and Vocations Admission Board through an application and approval assessment. Then, there is formation paperwork and a psychological evaluation which leads to seminary applications and interviews. Once you are accepted, you begin your entrance to Seminary!