Prayer & Worship
Prayer & Worship is essential to our knowing and loving our Creator. It celebrates life and deepens our faith. Mass, prayer services, worshiping, praying and more awakens our awareness and deep desire of the spirit at work in our lives and incorporates us more fully into the sacramental life of the church.
Below you will find resources to help you pray, speak, share and listen to God. Whether you are a beginner or a a seasoned prayerful person; its not about what you say – its about how you say it! So take a gander and let’s pray mind, body and soul!
Prayer should take many different forms – vocal, silent, contemplative with a humble and open heart. Below are a three important words you should keep always in mind in prayer.
- Contemplation: The action of looking thoughtfully at something for a long time or another way to think about it is to be in deep reflective thought. Through this reflective process on hears the voice of God.
- Discernment: “is a skill in understanding, grasping and comprehending; it’s the ability to recognize or identify God’s voice amongst the rest of the voices.
- Vocation: In the simplest terms, “vocation” means a “call.” So, in general terms your vocation is what God calls you to do with your life. Everybody is called by God to know, love and serve him. The difference is how each one does this. Vocation can mean being single, married, religious, priest.
- Oregon Catholic Press
- Spirit and Song (A Division of Oregon Catholic Press)
- Liturgy Training Publications
- World Library Publications
- Christian Copyright Licensing International
- Life Teen