HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Interested in learning about us or joining our ministry team?
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer inside the jails or juvenile facilities or are just interested in learning more about our ministry, you must begin by scheduling to attend one of our Ministry Overview Presentations.
Click HERE to see available dates and submit your RSVP to attend the Ministry Overview Presentation.
Requirements needed to volunteer:
- Be a practicing Catholic
- Exhibit an ability to see the presence of God in the incarcerated
- Be willing to accept and obey facility rules
- Exhibit an awareness of one’s own gifts and limitations and be comfortable with them
- Be open, flexible, and non-judgmental
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Not on parole/probation for at least 3-4 years
- Pass background check
- Be in good physical and mental health
- Be willing to step outside your comfort zone
- Willingness to learn
- Complete Agency training and clearance approval requirements
- Complete all RJ/DM training and ministry formation requirements
- Commit to a minimum of 1 year and 24 hours of service
Other volunteer opportunities
If you are not interested in volunteering inside an adult jail or juvenile detention facility, we are also in need of volunteers to help out with administrative duties with our two offices. Duties include:
- Computer data input
- Sorting materials
- Making copies
We also have opportunities to volunteer outside the jails and juvenile detention facilities through Outreach Ministries within the community. Learn more by attending our Ministry Overview Presentation mentioned above.