- USCCB 9 Days for Life: Our Diocese joins the USCCB on a 9 Day campaign of prayer, penance, and pilgrimage to promote a culture of life. The campaign operates primarily through social media. Click here for more information.
- Evening Prayer Service (Roe v. Wade): Hosted at Christ Cathedral, the whole Diocese gathers to pray for an end to abortion and other abuses of the dignity of life. Our next evening prayer is on Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 7:00pm.
- OC 40 Days for Life: During Lent, our Diocese observes forty days of prayer for the respect of life. In concordance with 40 Days for Life Orange County, the Diocese encourages parishes and individuals to participate in peaceful prayer vigils outside of abortion clinics as well as offering personal or parish prayers and sacrifices. If you’d like be involved, please contact your local parishes Respect Life Ministry.
- Mother’s Day Roses Collection: We encourage parishes to offer roses for a donation which will benefit a local Life Center or Birth Choice Clinic which supports mothers in crisis pregnancies. Please click here for more information.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND OUR DIOCESAN GUIDELINES FOR CATHOLIC PRO-LIFE OUTREACH FOR A CATHOLIC, CHRIST-CENTERED APPROACH TO PRO-LIFE MINISTRY!
FAVOR DE CONSIDERAR NUESTRAS DIRECTRICES PARA ALCANCE COMUNITARIO CATOLICO PRO-VIDA, PARA UN MINISTERIO PRO-VIDA CATOLICA, CON CRISTO AL CENTRO.
- Mass intercessions
- Oct. 1 Respect Life Sunday- Mass Helps
- Pro-life Speaker at Mass
- Respect Life Liturgies throughout the year
- OC 40 Days for Life
- Peaceful Prayer Vigils at clinics
- Prayer chain/ Rosaries for the unborn
- Spiritual Adoption Program
- Mother’s Day Roses
- Parish Prayer Groups praying for the respect of life
- Feast of the Holy Innocents (Remembrance for All Who Have Lost Children for Any Reason)
- Respect Life Sunday homily
- Bulletin Respect Life Education
- Adult Faith Respect Life Formation
- Youth Faith Respect Life Formation
- Parish School Respect Life Formation
- Parish twitter, Facebook, & Social Media Respect Life posts
- Natural Family Planning and Adoption education
- Catholic Sexuality and Chastity education for youth
- References to other websites: www.cacatholic.org, www.usccb.org, www.nchla.org
- Parish Ministries involvement and participation in Respect Life parish activity
- Parish website & social media promotion of the Respect of Life
- Faithful Citizenship voting education
- Diocesan Library Respect Life books (OC Catholic Store)
- Parish Library Respect Life books
- Method of caring for women in crisis pregnancies and referring them to centers, clinics, or shelters.
- Post Abortive Care Ministry / Hope & Healing Diocesan Ministry
- Pamphlets & help posted around church for those in crisis
- Financial support for local clinics, shelters, and centers (Pennies From Heaven, Mother’s Day Roses, Baby Shower Drives, and other donations)
- Catholic Lobby Day – TBD
- 40 Days for Life & 40 Days for Life OC
- OneLife LA (click here to view time, speakers, and other information): register a group, bulletin/pulpit announcement, order promotional material, OneLife LA prayer
- Mass for the Protection of Unborn Children : English flyer, Spanish flyer, Vietnamese flyer, Korean flyer
- Email alerts from Respect Life Organizations
- LJP Newsletter
- Pennies from Heaven
- Promote Adoption
- Options United App for Life– Pray for Crisis pregnancies by text!
For more, see the following advocacy issues: