Photography and Video Guidelines
Photographer and Filming Do’s and Dont’s
• The photographer will be issued a badge that must be worn while on site to identify permission to photograph/film.
• Tripods and or freestanding lighting equipment, including reflectors, or other brought in-props and equipment may create a safety hazard or impede efficient traffic flow in thecathedral or other campus location, and approval for their use and placement is at the discretion of the communications and cathedral event staff.
• Operation or use of any drones, manned and/or unmanned aircraft/flying systems, and remotely-controlled or radio-controlled flying machines (whether or motorized or not) of all types, shapes, and sizes at any time in the vicinity or on the Christ Cathedral Campus is prohibited.
• No photography or video is permitted during worship services without express written permission from the celebrant.
• Do not make another person the primary subject of a photo without his or her written permission.
• Use of professional equipment or professional services on-site (florists, make-up artists, hair dressers, etc.) shall be called out in the initial request and must be covered by either their own insurance or an umbrella policy provided by the photography/filming company
Rules of Behavior
The Christ Cathedral Campus is a place of spiritual and historical meaning. Visitors come from all parts of the world to admire the scenery, the architecture and the spiritual richness around them. As a place of peace and inspiration, Christ Cathedral Campus deserves behavior on site that is in keeping with providing the best possible visitor experience. The following rules are enforced.
• No provocative behavior, yelling, or gyrating. We encourage respect for the landmark portrayed in photos.
• Clothing that is excessively revealing, contains obscene language/graphics, or is otherwise inappropriate is not permitted on the campus.
• Alcohol is not permitted.
• Groups that attract negative attention to themselves or the shoot will be asked by security to leave and are not entitled to a refund.
• Follow the guidance of the campus staff and signage. Have respect for all
• Fire lanes and no parking areas are to be respected at all times. Anyone parking in a fire lane will be asked to move the vehicle or else leave the premises.
• Law enforcement will be contacted if the unacceptable behavior on the part of anyone in the party does not cease.
You Should Know
• Access to certain areas of the Cathedral campus may be restricted without notice as required to ensure the safety and convenience of Cathedral visitors and staff.
• Christ Cathedral reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold or withdraw permission to photograph on its premises or to reproduce photographs taken on Cathedral grounds.
• The Diocese may photograph, film, or videotape visitors for educational and promotional purposes. One seeking a permit or booking an event implies one’s consent for the use of the holder’s likeness, voice, or video image for marketing purposes.
• Neither Christ Cathedral nor the Diocese of Orange bear any responsibility for injuries incurred by personal carelessness, negligence, or poor judgment.