Fullerton, CA 92832
Saint Mary’s Church was created by Bishop Conaty on June 29, 1912 with Father John Gallagher as its first pastor. Services were held in the Odd Fellows Hall which at the time was located at the Northwest corner of Commonwealth and Harbor (at that time know as Spadra Avenue). Daily masses were said in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Dauser where Father Gallagher lived for the first six months of his stay in Fullerton. Father Gallagher immediately started work toward the building of a church. Mrs Maria O. Bastanchury donated a plot of land on the corner of Malden and Commonwealth Avenues and there a mission type church accommodating 350 persons was built. Mrs. Bastanchury also donated the altar. The first mass was said on Easter Sunday, 1913. The altar boys were Cyril Dauser and Carson Vine. The first marriage performed in the church was that of Mr & Mrs. Dan Dauser with Victor Eimers as best man and Ollie Eimers as maid of honor. The first baby baptized was Stanley Dyckman, son of Mr & Mrs Otto Dyckman of Yorba Linda. The first funeral of a parishioner was that of Benjamin Fallert who died December 21, 1913 at the age of 63.
- Fr. Steve Correz
- Rev. David Otto
- Rev. Hector Bedoya
- Deacon Carlos Gonzalez
- Deacon Tony Mercado
SUCCESSION OF PASTORS
- Rev. Gerard Cosgayon : OAR – Administrator (1997-2001)
- Rev. Timothy E. Freyer (2001-2003)
- Rev. James C. Ries (2003-2014)
- Rev. Enrique J. Sera (2014-2022)
- Rev. Steve Correz: (2022-Current)
- 5:30 p.m. (Spanish)
- 7 p.m. (Spanish)
- 6:30 a.m.
- 7:45 a.m. (Spanish)
- 9:30 a.m.
- 11 a.m.
- 1 p.m. (Spanish)
- 5:30 p.m.
- Monday – Saturday: 8 a.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday: 6:30 p.m. (Spanish)
- Daily after the 8 a.m. Mass Monday thru Friday and the 1st Friday of the month. Thursdays after Mass at 6:30 p.m. and the 1st Friday of every month.
- Saturdays : 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. or by appointment
- Ginger Hernandez