Thank you for your patience, we are currently working on our website. For any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to email us at [email protected].
The Office for Worship is a resource for Diocese parishes, schools, offices and institutions with respect to music, sacramental celebrations, devotional practices and liturgical formation. The Office oversees the implementation of the Order of Christian Initiation (OCIA): the process for children over the age of reason (generally 8 years or older) to become Catholic through baptism or reception into full communion (those baptized in another faith tradition who wish to join the Catholic Church). Other responsibilities include planning and coordinating Episcopal liturgies at which the bishop presides and assist the bishop in approving any renovations, remodeling or construction of churches or worship spaces.
[email protected] | Fax: 714-282-4272
Office for Worship Director
Deacon Modesto R. Cordero
Office for Worship Project Coordinator
Who We Serve
What We Provide
- Liturgical Formation
- Workshops for liturgical ministries and music in multiple languages
- Formation for the Order of Christian Initiation for Adults (OCIA)
- Networking opportunities for liturgy coordinators, music directors and OCIA coordinators and their teams
- Help parish leadership with liturgical renovation, remodeling or construction of churches and worship spaces
- Assistance when planning a liturgy where a bishop is present
- Guidance to parishes and the faithful for sacramental celebrations such as confirmation or infant baptism.