Emmaus Student Portal – studentportal.www.rcbo.org
Master Catechist Certification Guidelines
Emmaus Institute offers an advanced certification in theological foundations, the Master Catechist Certification. This certification provides students with a firm foundation in the Roman Catholic Tradition. This program is designed for professional and ministerial educators.
The Master Catechist Certificate is valid for 4 years.
Certification classes are available in-person at the Diocese of Orange Pastoral Center (currently not available due to pandemic)
In-Person Option – The Master Catechist Certification consist of 11 courses, Lumen Retreat, teaching observation & pastoral project. In-person courses are 15hrs each plus homework assignments. (currently not available due to Covid-19 Pandemic)
Master Catechist Live In-Person Class Schedule – TBD
Qualities of a Master Catechist
Persons who desire to become a Master Catechists should have:
- A strong awareness of the working of God’s grace in their lives and a growing faith-life in response to that grace
- A personal commitment to Jesus Christ, who is the center of the Catholic message
- A strong understanding of Catholic teaching and love for the Church evidenced by a personal commitment to: – Catechize within the Roman Catholic tradition, in light of Vatican II and post –conciliar documents and according to the Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Participate actively and regularly in the Church’s liturgical and sacramental life
- A deepened and active prayer life
- A respect for the diversity of all members of God’s family
- For more information in Master Catechist Certification you may contact us at our office 714-282-3078