What are the requirements/pre-requisites to participate in the program?
- At the present time, anyone can take a course. Once the satellite location is approved by the accrediting body, there will be a formal application process. A Bachelor’s Degree will be required for full credit
- The program will be modified as a certificate program for those who don’t have a minimum of a BA/BS. The courses are also available for audit. At this point, all students will be charged the same reduced (by half) rate for the course
What is the application/payment process?
- There is no formal application process at this time. If you would like to register for the first course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 714-282-3060
Is there financial aid available?
- There is no tuition assistance at this time, though we anticipate assistance will be available for future semesters
- However, the first course is being offered at a reduced (by half) rate
Is the program accredited?
- The program is accredited by WASC and ATS and approval for offering this program at Christ Cathedral is pending
Will the coursework be offered one at a time or will the students have to take multiple courses at once?
- Students will be able to pace themselves. We hope to be a full-time program in 2-3 years, adding courses each semester
- The program will require the completion of 48 units – while students may complete the program at their own pace, completing in two years requires 4 courses or 8 units a term, three terms a year for each year of the program. Each two credit course will meet for two hours a week and require about six hours of preparation. This means that 4 courses a semester will require more than 40 hour week commitment. Working professions are recommended to complete the program in four years – two courses a semester
Will the cost of $1,200 be consistent for every course or will this vary? Is it a per unit cost or a flat rate cost?
- The cost of $1,200 is a reduced cost for this first course. The per unit cost is $1200. This is a 2-unit course
How many hours a week of study will be required/recommended?
- The first course will require 1-3 hours of additional study per week
Is this a cohort style program where you have to start from the beginning and another will not be offered until this cohort completes?
- No. Students are able to pace themselves according to their personal schedules
Will the class that’s being offered now be offered again sometime soon? Possibly on a different day/time?
- Most likely. If you have a preferred schedule, please send us your feedback
Will the classes require an outside cost for books/materials or are books included in the price of the course?
- Books and materials are additional costs
Will all the classes be offered on Mondays and or weekends, or will this day vary depending on the course?
- Class times and days will vary in the future
How many students will be accepted?
- TBD. Enrollment for the first course will cap at 25
Will the first course only be offered in English?
- Yes, however materials and tests will be available in Spanish
Will there be future courses taught in Spanish? If so, do we have an idea when?
- We hope to offer some courses in Spanish in the future. We are aiming to make it possible to get the bibliography in Spanish and test in Spanish for many classes
How flexible/accommodating is the program for commuters (i.e. in regards to being late due to traffic, needing to miss class etc.)?
- That depends on the instructor for this first course. But if someone is anticipating missing a lot of classes, we suggest waiting for the next time that the course is offered
Will there be any housing accommodations offered (not necessarily provided by the Diocese, but possibly networking with local parishioners, retreat centers, etc.)?
Are payment plans available?
- Please contact email@example.com or 714-282-3060 for information regarding payment options
Do students need to be involved in active ministry to enroll?