The Vocations Office of the Diocese of Orange promotes all Church vocations, particularly the diocesan priesthood. The Vocations Office invites and challenges men to reflect on their baptism, pray about and consider the possibility of God’s call to service and ministry, and discern the personal responses to that call.
The Vocations Office encourages, supports, and assists those discerning a call to service in the Church. The Vocations Office also assists those currently in seminary formation for the priesthood in the areas of human, spiritual, intellectual, and pastoral development as they discern and prepare for the priesthood. The aim is to have happy, healthy, and holy priests who have a deep relationship with Jesus and desire to lead others to come and know him as well.
WHO WE SERVE
- Those in the Diocese of Orange discerning a call to service in the Church
- Those currently in seminary formation for the priesthood
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Monthly discernment meetings
- Vocational materials for discerning a vocation
- Application materials for those wishing to apply to the seminary
- To learn more about Vocations or to begin your discernment process, please visit our website.
- For men and women considering a call to service in the Church outside of the priesthood, visit the Office of Religious & Consecrated Life.
- For those considering permanent diaconate, please visit the Office of the Diaconate.
Father John Moneypenny, Director
Mary Osinga, Administrative Assistant