We work for the inclusion of all the baptized into the embrace of the faith community including those who because of development challenges, struggles with mobility or other special needs, cannot be present or participate in faith formation without assistance.
We in the Diocese of Orange believe a disability – of itself – will never be used as a reason to deprive someone from receiving the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist, or belonging to our faith community. We promote accessibility of mind and heart so that all persons with disabilities may be welcomed at worship and at every level of service as full members of the Body of Christ.
WHO WE SERVE
- All Priests
- Director of Faith Formation
- Parish Leaders
- Families of Persons with Disabilities
WHAT WE PROVIDE
The ministry serves all parishes to help families who have been blessed by God in a special way to raise His children with physical or intellectual disabilities and development delays. The ministry’s key service areas focus on helping parishes with families of special needs:
- Worship together as a family at Mass and other liturgical celebrations
- Grow in Faith through faith formation sessions and activities that accommodate their unique learning styles
- Socialize with a Faith community in an environment that is always prepared to receive them in a loving way
- Strengthen the family unit through family support groups, prayer network
- Exchange information, share resources, and encourage collaboration, foster awareness, and partnerships that support the mission of the ministry
- Provide access to the Catholic Deaf Community
- Support Faith Formation and socialization through two adult small faith community programs