The Institute for Pastoral Ministry supports the Diocese of Orange in the mission of Evangelization through the formation of Lay Ministers and the development of local communities of faith.
The Institute seeks to cultivate and support faith formation through spiritual, theological and pastoral studies. Lay ministry formation opportunities that are available range from basic formation to various advance certification programs. It also seeks to equip the local communities of faith to broaden the impact of the Gospel through collaboration with other parishes, academic institutions and other dioceses.
WHO WE SERVE
The Institute for Pastoral Ministry programs are open to all adults:
- Catholic School Educators
- Youth Ministers
- Confirmation Coordinators
- Faith Formation Ministers
- Diaconate Aspirants and Candidates
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Basic Certification: a process through which a person gains the necessary knowledge and skills to communicate effective the basic Christian message.
- Re-Certification: the process of renewing basic certification after the initial four year period.
- Advanced Certifications: Master Catechist Certification
- Partnership with other Institutions:
- Loyola Marymount University
- University of Dayton
- Loyola Institute for Spirituality
- Programs in Spanish: Iniciacion Cristologica, Caminando con Cristo and Estudios Biblicos (basic, intermediate and advanced levels)
- Academic Education: Master of Arts in Pastoral Theology Cohort, a three-year program from LMU.
- IPM Annual Events:
- June: Summer Insitutue
- October: Diocesan Ministries Celebration
To log-in to the Student Portal, click here.
INSTITUTE FOR PASTORAL MINISTRY LEADERSHIP
Olivia Cornejo, Director
Cindy Guzman, Office Manager
Jessica Galaviz, Program Assistant
Ivette Valenzuela, Advanced Program Coordinator
Sonia Lathrop, Administrative Assistant