To assist the Bishop and the greater Diocesan community on matters pertaining to ecumenism and interreligious affairs; working together with the many faith traditions in our community to promote dialogue, mutual understanding, friendship and collaboration for the common good.
THE OFFICE OF ECUMENICAL & INTERRELIGIOUS AFFAIRS
The Office of Ecumenical and Interreligious Affairs serves as a resource to the Bishop, the offices of the Pastoral Center, and the parishes throughout the Diocese of Orange to promote Christian unity and understanding among faiths; and to foster dialogue and friendship with members of Christian and non-Christian religions.
Its work is guided by the teaching and directives of the Second Vatican Council, the Holy See, the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, and the Bishop of Orange.
The Diocese hosts committees consisting of clergy, religious and laypersons to serve as forums for dialogue and to foster ecumenical and interreligious collaboration and cooperation on issues pertaining to the common good.
THE OFFICE PROVIDES:
- Speakers for ecumenical and interreligious subjects, issues and themes
- Guidance for parishes, ministries and individuals
- Diocesan events and services that include ecumenical and interreligious leaders and their members
Fr. Quan Tran, Episcopal Vicar
Adrianna Wysocki, Administrative Assistant
ECUMENICAL AND INTERRELIGIOUS COMMISSION
The Ecumenical & Interreligious Commission advises and assists the Episcopal Vicar in carrying out the responsibilities and duties of the Office. Members of the Commission serve as Diocesan delegates, developing new ideas for ecumenical and interreligious outreach, as well as planning and hosting special events sponsored by the Diocese.
- Rev. Quan Tran, Episcopal Vicar
- Anthony Vultaggio, Chair
- Rev. Ed Becker
- Mike Cerro
- Deacon Christopher Ciraulo
- Kathy Ciraulo
- Deacon Tom Concitis
- Nanci De La Rosa-Ricco
- John Hartmann
- Greg Kelley
- Robert Matthews
- Rev. John Monestero
- Michael Mullard
- Mary Susa
Ongoing dialogue and monthly meetings on the diocesan level:
- Ecumenical Commission meets the first Monday of the month.
- Orthodox-Catholic priests dinner meets the third Monday of the month.
- The Jewish-Catholic Dialogue meets the third Thursday of the month.
- The Mormon-Catholic Dialogue meets the fourth Thursday of the month.
- Orange County Sheriff’s Interfaith Advisory Council meet at different times.
ECUMENICAL & INTERRELIGIOUS AFFAIRS RESOURCES
[for a complete listing, please visit and search the Vatican website: http://w2.vatican.va/content/vatican/en.html]
[ENCYCLICAL OF HIS HOLINESS POPE JOHN PAUL II, 1995]
[PONTIFICIUM CONSILIUM AD CHRISTIANORUM UNITATEM FOVENDAM, 1993]
[PONTIFICAL COUNCIL FOR INTER-RELIGIOUS DIALOGUE , 1991]
[COMMISSION OF THE HOLY SEE FOR RELIGIOUS RELATIONS WITH THE JEWS]
[PROCLAIMED BY HIS HOLINESS POPE PAUL VI ON OCTOBER 28, 1965]
[SECOND VATICAN COUNCIL, 1964]
[for a complete listing, please visit and search the USCCB website: http://www.usccb.org/.]