The Catholic Deaf Community is dedicated to ministry with Deaf Catholics and their families.
The Catholic Deaf Community serves the unique needs of Deaf and hard of hearing Catholics and their families in our community. We are available to parishes, their ministers, catechists, educators and parishioners working with Deaf and hard of hearing members. Besides our numerous ministry services we offer assistance, resources and training for parish personnel working with Deaf and hard of hearing members. Our office staff is fluent in American Sign Language and Spanish.
WHO WE SERVE
- Deaf and hard of hearing children and adults in our Diocese
- The families of these individuals
- Parishes and church leadership
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Sacramental Preparation and Religious Education conducted in American Sign Language
- Sunday Liturgies conducted in American Sign Language
- Counseling services
- American Sign Language interpreters for parish needs
- Community workshops
- Home and institutional visitations
- Citizenship classes
- Assistance with immigration cases in cooperation with Catholic Charities