- This event has passed.
FORUM ON MENTAL ILLNESS
February 7, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
How Do We Respond to Mental Illness in Our Community?
Who Should Attend:
- Faith-based leaders, staff and ministry volunteers
- Nonprofit community, health and human services providers – leaders and staff
- Educators, school and school district administrators, youth services providers
- Business leaders
- Family, friends, neighbors and co-workers of persons affected by mental illness
- Law enforcement and justice system personnel
- Everyone with an interest in learning more about this vital issue and how to contributeto solutions!
You Will Learn about:
- The spectrum of mental illnesses, treatment resources and outcomes
- Pediatric Mental Health: what parents and educators need to know about screeningsand treatments for children and youth
- Comprehensive resources on mental health awareness, treatment and support from theNational Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- The role of law enforcement and the justice system – opportunities and challenges
- Compassionate, appropriate actions each of us can take – when called upon to respondpersonally in our families or line of work, or to advocate for systemic solutions
- Luis M. Sandoval, MD, MPH – Psychiatrist with Kaiser Permanente and past Board Member,National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Heather Huszti, Ph.D., Chief Psychologist, CHOC Children’s Hospital, Pediatric Mental Health
- John Leyerle, President, National Alliance on Mental Illness, Orange County Affiliate
- Ronald E. Lowenberg, Dean, Criminal Justice Training Center, Golden West College
- A member of the Huntington Beach Police Department
- Michael P. Donaldson, Director of Pastoral Care for Families In All Stages, Diocese of Orange
- Camille Heagerty, Recovered Mentally Ill Health Advocate
- Lucas Forte, Recovered Mentally Ill Health AdvocatePlease join us for an evening of insight and inspiration!
“You can’t know what no one has told you.”
– Dr. Joyce Burland, Author of NAMI Signature Education Programs, Family-to-Family, and Provider Education
Questions? Please contact Forum Organizer (SSJ Parishioner and NAMI member) Lynne Thies at email@example.com ▪ 714 299.1405