Through the Pontifical Mission Societies, the Mission Office promotes mission awareness, unity within the body of Christ, and solidarity with our wider human family. The Pontifical Mission Societies include the Society for the Propagation of the Faith, Missionary Childhood Association, the Society of St. Peter Apostle and Missionary Union of Priests and Religious. The Society for the Propagation of the Faith SPOF seeks support through prayers and financial support, primarily through Missionary Cooperation Plan and World Mission Sunday, for the world’s mission dioceses in Asia, Africa, the Pacific Islands and Latin America.
- Missionary Cooperation Plan
- Brings missionaries to parishes so that they can share their stories
- Provides an opportunity to engage missionaries, learn about the work in the mission Church and provide a channel for prayers and material help
- World Mission Sunday
- Uniting Catholics as missionaries every year on the next-to-last Sunday of October, to support the life-giving presence of the Church among the suffering and the poor
Missionary Childhood Association:
MCA is dedicated to fostering children’s awareness of the missionary nature of the church. This program is of service to schools and religious education programs in the Diocese.
The Society of St. Peter Apostle:
SPA supports the education and formation of men and women candidates for the religious life in developing countries.
- Presentations to schools, parish faith formation programs, and other parish groups to promote mission awareness, social justice, and solidarity
- Free Mission education materials and resources for all ages
- Mission Immersion Pilgrimages: first hand contact with the mission projects supported by the Diocese of Orange
- Mass Intention Cards available for special intentions to be offered by missionary priests. Mass intentions are a way to help missionary priests continue their
Contact the Mission Office for more information.