The Office of the Diaconate oversees the entire permanent diaconate within the Diocese of Orange including the development and facilitation of formation plus the oversight of the life and ministry of deacons, their wives and families.
- Discernment of a vocation to the diaconate
- Six-month period of selection and discernment for men nominated by their pastors
- Two years of formation for aspirants and wives (if married)
- Three years of formation for candidates and wives (if married)
- Ongoing education and formation for deacons and wives (if married)
- Parish assignments or change of status (deacon personnel board).
- Ministry reviews by deacon personnel board
- Spiritual and community events for diaconate community
- Links to the diaconate within the United States
Deacon Frank Chavez, Director
Lucy Dominguez, Program Manager