Yes. You can stillsend your child to summer camp. The Santiago Retreat Center is gearing up for its summer camp schedule beginning in July. The site of pre-pandemic confirmation retreats for Diocese of Orange religious education students, the retreat center is now offering summer camps for both kids and families, with a strong focus on faith.
According to the center’s website, its “Catholic Vacation Bible Camp is specifically designed to celebrate the richness of our One, True, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic faith and to lead kids closer to Christ. Each day is spent traveling through fun and engaging learning stations that reinforce the daily virtue and Bible theme in a hands-on way.
- Pre-K (Children Ages 3-4 Years Old)
- Campers (Kindergarten- 6th Grade)
- Junior High (7th and 8th Grade) will enjoy a customized program that includes servant-leadership training and faith formation geared to their level.
*Grade Entering in the Fall
July 6–10, 2020
Monday–Thursday (9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
Friday (12:30 to 6 p.m.)
On Friday we encourage all parents to join us for 3 p.m. Mass, followed by kids VBC closing performance, family fellowship, and pizza celebration
BC offers daily Mass and Eucharistic Adoration, rock solid songs, great games, creative crafts, super snacks, saintly skits and interactive faith lessons with 100% Catholic Truth.
See more camp opportunities at
THESE MEASURES INCLUDE:
- Educate and reinforce healthy hygiene practices, including hand washing, cough/sneeze covering, etc.
- Intensify cleaning, disinfection and ventilation of facilities and equipment.
- Implement social distancing protocols for arrival/departure, recreational spaces, meals, etc.
- Limit shared spaces, surfaces, equipment, supplies, etc.
- Pre-camp, arrival, and daily symptom screening.
- Train staff and campers regarding the above as well as identifying signs and symptoms.
- Establish protocol for staff or campers exhibiting symptoms.