Regional Program Manager, Whole Person Care Initiative – Institute for Human Caring, Gardena, CA
We are seeking a Regional Program Manager to implement and coordinate training, education and other components of the Whole Person Care Initiative (WPCI), a partnership between the California Catholic Conference of Bishops, the Alliance of Catholic Health Care, and the Institute for Human Caring, intended to transform the way in which society cares for the seriously and terminally ill. Under a theme of Caring for the Whole Person: Finding Peace and Support during Serious Illness, the WPCI will introduce robust education and training programs to staff and volunteers to ensure that parishioners and patients are loved and supported during serious illnesses; can openly talk with their spiritual leaders, clinicians, and family members about their wishes at the end of life; have access to high quality, lower cost palliative care; and raise broader cultural expectations about the kind of end of life care people need, deserve and should demand.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Serve as the regional liaison and conduit between local pastoral and health ministry educational efforts to the overall education and training program.
- Maintain health system and diocesan focus on program goals; assist health system/hospital and diocesan/parish leaders to identify improvement goals for program implementation.
- Develop and implement methods for tracking key performance indicators (KPI) to determine the effectiveness of the program and to be used in funder reports.
- Coordinate the regional Train-the-Trainer and diocesan/parish education programs to educate and equip clergy and pastoral lay leaders on whole person care for parishes by connecting content experts to local training sessions.
- Leverage diocesan training systems to develop networks of volunteers in parishes that will provide skilled and compassionate pastoral support to the seriously ill.
- Incorporate existing parish, diocesan, hospital and health system ministries and departments in the whole person care environment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s degree or a combination of education and/or additional job related experience in lieu of the degree in health care, education, pastoral care or related field
- 6+ years of related experience
- 3+ years of program manager experience, responsible for setting strategic direction for projects and developing project plans that identify key issues, potential problems, approaches, performance metrics and resources.
- Experience in health care and parish (volunteer) settings, with specific experience partnering with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Strong communications, organizational, dialogical and writing skills.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple organizations to achieve results.
- Knowledge of organizational practices in both the health care and faith-based settings and considerations for communicating in the public arena.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Understanding of the theological and spiritual components of Catholic ethics and moral teaching, especially in regard to health care decision making.
- Specialized training in facilitation of diverse groups highly preferred, including bilingual (Spanish).
- Project management, LEAN, CAP and other change management certifications.
- Experience organizing regional and, eventually, statewide meetings to “train the trainers.”
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the means, tools, techniques and media to communicate information about the program internally and externally.
TO APPLY: www.providenceiscalling.jobs Job# 222211Know someone who would be good for this position?