To begin the process of preparation for Sacrament of Marriage in the Catholic Church, please contact your local parish 6 months to 1 year prior to your planned date. Part of your preparation will be to meet with your parish priest, and attend one of several options for Marriage Preparation programs offered throughout the Diocese.
All programs focus on issues pertinent to a couple preparing for the Sacrament of Matrimony. They emphasize self-awareness as well as techniques to improve communication. Natural Family planning is strongly recommended as part of a good Marriage Preparation.
You are welcome to attend a series in any Deanery that fits your schedule.
Le invitamos a asistir a una serie en cualquier Decanato que seadapte a su horario.
See a list of parishes per Deanery>>> Click here .
(Cities of: Santa Ana and Costa Mesa)
Deanery II / Decanato II
(Cities of: Orange, Placentia, Brea, and Yorba Linda)
Deanery III / Decanato III
(Cities of: Anaheim, Fullerton, La Habra, and Stanton)
Deanery V / Decanato V
(Cities of: Costa Mesa, Fountain Valley, Huntington Beach, and Seal Beach)
Deanery V- God's Plan for Love and Marriage 2013
Deanery VI / Decanato VI
(Cities of: Irvine, Laguna Hills, Lake Forest, Newport Beach, and Tustin)
1. A Marriage in the Lord: A ten-hour program presented in a large group setting or as a small in-home experience, usually one night a week for two and one half hours over a period of four weeks. Please contact your local Parish or Deanery for Marriage Preparation registration.
2. Engaged Encounter - A forty-hour weekend experience presented by a team of married couples and a priest. The weekend is Catholic in orientation with personal reflection and dialogue as the main thrusts. Meals are taken in common and the weekend ends with Sunday Mass. Further information is available by calling Catholic Engaged Encounter at (714) 455-9175 or at http://www.eeweekend.org/. Click Here to view brochure with general information and dates.
3. God's Plan for Love and Marriage: This is an eight hour program offered at St. John the Baptist Church in Costa Mesa. This program is open to all engaged couples. Couples meet once a week for 2 hours for a period of four weeks. For more information please call (714) 540-2214 or Click here for information and class schedule.
4. To Trust Again - A ten-hour program for couples entering marriage after one or both partners has experienced loss by death or after a Church annulment. This program is offered at Holy Family Cathedral. For information and registration call Yvette Hyndman at (714) 639-2900 or email yhyndman(at)hfcathedral.org">yhyndman(at)hfcathedral.org. Click here for brochure and schedule.
5. Treasure Your Marriage-Marriage Ministry meet Tuesdays, April 2, 9, 16 and 23, 2013. This marriage preparation program is held at St. Bonaventure Church in Huntington Beach twice per year. For more information, contact Julie Ford at (714) 846-2359.
6. VALIDATIONS: Couples seeking to have their marriages validated by the Church can obtain information by calling their local parish.
7. El Amor Nuestro de Cada Dia- A ten-hour Spanish Marriage Preparation program for engaged couples. El sacramento del matrimonio es un compromiso serio para toda la vida. La Iglesia requiere que cada pareja asista a clases pre-matrimoniales como parte del proceso de preparación para el matrimonio. Los programas enfatizan la habilidad de conocerse a uno mismo y construir una buena comunicación entre la pareja. Un programa de diez horas que usualmente se da en dos sesiones de seis horas cada una. Para registrarse le pedimos que se comunique con su Parroquia.
- El área sexual
- El área financiera
- Educación de los hijos